Over the last 2 months, I’ve lost some emotional weight. As with body weight, one has to work at keeping off the emotional weight or it can creep back on….unless you are one of those lucky people with a super high “happy” metabolism. You guys are inspiring.
Yesterday I had a rough day. Today didn’t really start off any better. I’m starting to feel the emotional weight coming back on. I’ve worked pretty hard to lose that weight and I don’t want it back.
I’m forcing myself to emotionally workout….
To focus on and strength feelings of acceptance, self-love and happiness.
My emotional workout:
- Smile, smile, smile and then smile some more – workout those face muscles
- Write down 5 things I’m thankful for in my life
- Write down 5 positive reasons why “he” left and why my life is better now
- Write down 5 things about my family that I love
- Focus on, absorb and be totally consumed with all of this goodness…and do so while smiling.
When I put the effort into my emotional workout, the emotional weight starts to melt away and I feel lighter. It’s not easy but necessary to moving on, to realizing that the past is the past and there is a lot of goodness in my life. That is where my focus should be. I shouldn’t rob myself of that or let anyone or any circumstance do so either.
That’s where I am today…2 steps forward and 1 step back is still forward progress.